ARE YOU CLEARING AN ESTATE?
ARE YOU CLEANING THE GARAGE, HOLDING A YARD SALE OR CLEARING THE STORAGE LOCKER? JUST LOOKING TO RAISE MONEY?
LET US HELP!
Members of Clark County Radio Control Society are able to help with your questions concerning model aviation. Many times family members in our community leave behind their hobby aircraft and equipment, and it can be daunting to understand what might be salvageable or valuable to people in the model aviation hobby. If you’ve never been a part of our community, it’s understandable you may not know where to start if you want to recycle or dispose of this equipment.
As our hobby has evolved, older planes and equipment becomes obsolete, but sometimes collectable. You may have non-radio controlled planes and equipment; you may have control-line models, or rubber-powered aircraft or display models. Electronics deteriorate and are often unreliable. And batteries, fuel and other materials can be fire hazards if stored improperly. You may have building plans or aircraft kits that may or may not be complete. All of these circumstances could be of interest to our members!
Options that are available for you are diverse, and we can help with some ideas that would include:
1. Donating the planes to this club, or another non-profit for the benefit of the community, such as flight training for local boys with the Boy Scouts of America.
2. Determining the potential value of your planes and equipment.
3. Finding collectors for model airplanes, transmitters and other accessories.
4. Selling to members in the model aviation community locally.
5. Get advice on the marketability and value of the equipment and planes you have. You can sell the equipment on your own, or consign it to members of the community, including local stores.
6. Determine the resources available online or other areas locally to market your planes and equipment on your own.
All of these options outlined above can be discussed with a member of our local club for your benefit. We love our hobby, and we want to help, so contact us today! There is no charge for our assistance, and often we can make cash offers for your collection on-the-spot.
To contact a club member for assistance:
Call John at 971-331-2236.